Together with a European company with at Headquarter in Stockholm we are looking for a Vice President of Engineering.
The purpose of the company is to secure the society by enabling trusted identities. Within the area of cyber security, the company secure people and things mainly for large organizations in manufacturing, financial services, utility and infrastructure and public sector.
About the role
You will lead our Engineering unit that include around 90 engaged individuals, in 4 countries. The company is growing and is innovative in their field.
The role is vital for the company and as VP of Engineering you are also a part of the company’s global management team and report to the CEO. The management team doesn’t follow any ”company rule” that doesn’t make common sense, and they work with ideas every day that increase productivity or happiness. Within this company you will be challenged and expected to challenge others. You will interact with some of the largest automotive companies in the world, banks, energy companies and to evolve their information security best practice as well be part of enabling innovation in e-charging, connected cars and digital and secure workplace.
The company and the business in general is in transformation and for you and your team it will be essential to execute on our vision, develop a program plan that incorporates interdependencies between functional areas, establishes playbooks to drive process and consistent outcomes for repeated tasks, proactively mitigates risk by identifying and controlling internal and external risk factors and supervises work to continuously iterate and improve
You have a lean and DevOps mindset and always the customer experience in focus. We seek someone that think and act strategically but balance that with acting and implement locally to get things out. You will be instrumental for technology choices and continues improvements in close relationship with customers empowered by agile methods and tools like SAFe or mob programming.
Engineering is a very important field for the company, so you are expected to have a strong hand in shaping the company future. We are not organizational boxes; we are people and we should always solve problem together. Involve people; tell them what’s going on and don’t be an island.
Who are you?
We are seeking a hands-on aspirational leader who can think and act strategically but balance that with acting and implement locally to get things done. You will coach your team so we can scale and accelerate the course of growth. We believe you have architecture or a product background, where you have lead engineering teams in transformation. You shall master to build relationships with customer centric stakeholders and give access to domain specific competence to our customers as in many cases they work with us as a partner. The line of work require that you communicate effectively up, down, and laterally to ensure alignment of work. You will partner with HR to recruit and retain top talent
You love the technology from cloud concepts to identity management and crypto agility and have a desire to learn and develop with it, you can dive into details but have no problem with making the “big picture” decision.
You have Lean mind-set and you have a desire of being guided by data points.
Background, skills and knowledge
- English written and spoken and Swedish is a big plus
- Desire for transparency, and flat organisations and where you communicate directly with individuals rather than through a chain of command
- You find it natural to coach people to evolve from their comfort zone, and are not afraid to challenge the status quo both internally and externally
- Computer Science/Engineering work experience, and preferable strong leadership experience in software development teams and great architectural experience.
- Direct experience in software development and as a leader of a development team and preferable awareness of self-service automation, analytics, mobile app development, PKI and federation technologies.
- History of providing direction on architectural decisions and make judgment calls on when technical debt needs to be paid down.
- Feel comfortable to participate in regular agile process activities including assisting in development of user stories, estimates, sprint planning and sprint reviews.
- Capability at scale. It is a great asset with experience from cloud automation including process understanding from customer acquisition, onboarding, deployment and over production life cycle.
- You enjoy leading through change, and work thoroughly with keeping up the engagement of people
- Proven ability to successfully execute against strategy in cooperation with other functions including Product Management, Sales, Delivery, Marketing, Customer Success, Finance, and Leadership
Type of employment: Full time
Employment date: As soon as possible
City: Stockholm/ Karlsruhe
If you want to be part of this company, we want your application by 2020-08-31. We consider applications on an ongoing basis and the open position may therefore be filled before the application period has expired.
The recruitment is handled by Women Ahead – a agency with a focus on women. For questions about this role, contact email@example.com