About Joseph & Joseph
Joseph Joseph was established in 2003 by twin brothers Anthony and Richard Joseph in London. The brothers both originally studied and worked as Design Engineers before they set up Joseph Joseph. Joseph Joseph designs and sells a range of contemporary kitchen gadgets and food preparation items to high end independent and multiple retailers in over 100 countries worldwide. Since the early beginnings, they have successfully grown Joseph Joseph into an internationally recognised global brand known for innovation and market leading products. The company is run from its London office but has a strong international distribution network, including subsidiaries in France, Germany/Austria, USA and Japan. It has won numerous International awards for commerce, entrepreneurship and innovation and is one of the leaders and fastest growing companies in its field. The strategic goal is to double the revenue of the business in the next four years and there is a very clear strategic plan to deliver this. The company is a privately held, debt free and in a fantastic position to achieve its goal. Global operations are run from the UK head office where the customer service, purchasing and supply chain teams are based. The company has 4 distribution warehouses worldwide in the UK, USA, Japan and China. The stock and operational management of these facilities are controlled from London. The company has a very active new product development process launching 2 new product collections a year.
About Magasin, friend of brands
Our customers are in retail and in the product media industry. We work with 750 retail specialists throughout Scandinavia, where the stores specialize in interior, kitchen and cooking products. In addition, we have many customers who are retailers in product media.The company was formed in Jönköping in 1971 and today has showrooms and sales offices in Jönköping, Stockholm, Helsinki, Copenhagen and Oslo. Headquarters and warehouses are located in Jönköping.
This is an exciting opportunity to fill the position of Swedish and Danish Key Account Manager. The successful candidate will join one of the most exciting companies in the global housewares market today. You will be responsible for all sales, trade marketing and daily operations in Sweden & Denmark. You will be hands on, a self-starter and a motivator for Key Accounts and store staff. You will set the strategic priorities for the market and be responsible for executing and achieving them. You will work directly with the Head of Export EMEA/APAC and CEO of our distribution partner Magasin Friend of Brands. It is an excellent opportunity for a successful, ambitious individual to next step an innovative branded business and lead existing customers while drive new business opportunities. The ideal candidate must demonstrate they are results driven and enjoy working for a disruptive, high-pace company. There will be potential opportunities to expand their responsibilities in the coming years, when the market expands, and future resource is required to support growth.
This role reports directly to the CEO at Magasin friend of brands and to similar at Joseph Joseph
The key responsibilities include:
- To grow the Swedish and Danish business to 11M SEK within 12 months through new product introduction, category and distribution expansion.
- Work alongside our distribution partner to drive all Key Account sales within the market place while also managing some smaller regional accounts.
- To drive a creative and entrepreneurial agenda, prioritising new opportunities, whilst maintaining established relationships.
- Manage and develop the main day to day functions of the Sweden & Danish business. Sales, Trade Marketing, and promotions.
- Implement process in all sales areas to create a well-run and efficient business.
- Develop the strategic plan for the business and execute effectively, always looking to exceed budget.
- Develop a senior level network within all key partners, increase engagement and commitment to the brand.
- Optimise existing commercial relationships and actively pursue new business opportunities.
- Build and execute strategic/tactical plans with key customers.
- Establish and build the brands long-term presence in store and in the market.
- Grow the distribution and number of accounts.
- Be able to feed market and product information back to the design teams to shape future product development.
- Successfully manage new product introductions and category expansion.
- Train and motivate all retail store staff as well as improve product understanding within our distribution partner
- A clear history of successful business development.
- Experience of working within a premium branded business.
- Adept at building and managing forecasts and budgets.
- Experience working with Fast Moving Consumer Goods (FMCG).
- Experience of dealing with major National and Regional accounts.
- Experience of channel management (Grocery, Mass, Specialists and Pure Play)
- Understanding of trade marketing including sales planning and promotions.
- Knowledge of accounts who deal in the housewares market.
- Excellent English, Swedish and Danish languages are essential for this role
- An established understanding of the Swedish & Danish retail market and key retail players.
- Successful track record in previous roles
- Being commercially astute.
- Well organised, hard-working and highly motivated.
- Enthusiastic and action-orientated.
- A strong networker and capable of influencing at a senior level.
- Analytical and numerically strong.
- An ability to work without close supervision.
- An excellent communicator
- An excellent motivator.
- Have an excellent understanding of the Homewares market, key accounts and customers. (Ideal but not essential)
- Demonstrated that they have strong commercial and negotiation skills.
Applications are handled by Women Ahead AB, for questions about the role please contact Michaela Sundelin, email@example.com +46 705 08 15 08
Type of employment: Full time
Location: Malmö, Helsingborg or Jönköping